SHORT ADVANCED PROGRAMME
Who are we? Mapping the identity of the RUN-EU-er
27 July 2022
Europe, as a region, is known for its cultural diversity and pluralism and RUN-EU, as part of that community, reflects this mosaic of cultures and languages.
The European Union and RUN-EU aim to foster common understanding, further development and trust among its members, which raises some challenges. This SAP will help prepare RUN-EU students for those challenges by addressing questions such as: What is this world of RUN-EU? How can I navigate through it? Who am I in it? Who is the RUN-EU-er? How can I study and work effectively in such a multicultural context?
This SAP aims to develop students’ intercultural skills to enable them to operate within several cultures at the same time. By promoting multiculturalism and multilingualism among the alliance regions, supported by student mobility, innovative pedagogies and blended learning activities, the programme also aims to contribute to societal needs and lifelong learning.
In this context, students will:
- explore their own culture and learn about other cultures
- characterise the ideal RUN-EU-er
- develop a critical cultural awareness of their immediate, regional, and global environments (eg RUN-EU)
- develop cross-communication skills when exchanging ideas with others from different backgrounds
- “taste” the languages of RUN-EU by participating in a language taster session.
From 4 October to 11 November 2022
From 7 to 11 November 2022 at the Polytechnic of Leiria (Peniche, Portugal)
Mode of delivery
Language of instruction
3 ECTS credits (84 hours)
To be defined by each higher education institution.
Generally, most students will have this RUN-EU SAP certified in their diploma supplement, as a minimal condition
All RUN-EU degree students
Proposed learning outcomes
At the end of this Short Advanced Programme, you will:
- demonstrate an understanding of what cultures are, how they work, and develop an awareness of their own cultural identity
- manage your learning in a reflective manner
- collaborate with others to achieve a common goal
- interact with people from different cultures, comparing diverse linguistic/cultural features
- discuss cultural diversity to begin to recognise cultural proximity or distance
- think creatively (generate new ideas, evaluate and select the most appropriate for a given product)
- demonstrate sensitivity towards your and other languages/cultures and become aware of linguistic/cultural decentring (shift focus from own to other cultures/languages).
How to apply
Fill in the application form
Deadline for applications
15 September 2022
Background, motivation, wide representation of subject areas/ﬁelds and balanced participation of RUN-EU member institutions
Total number of students to be selected
Polytechnic of Leiria, Portugal
If you have any further questions, please send an email to email@example.com.