RUN-EU collects and processes personal data on its website following the legislation in force. We are committed to protecting your personal data and respecting your right to privacy. This policy helps you understand how we collect, use, process and protect your personal data, in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (2016/679) of 27 April 2016 and all other applicable legislation.
Personal data is information that, directly or indirectly, relates to an identified or identifiable individual. For example, a name, a photograph, an identification number, or any other specific identity element foreseen in the legislation.
The Entity Responsible for Processing Data
The Polytechnic of Leiria is the entity responsible for the data collection and processing. The nature, scope, context and purposes for processing the data, as well as the risks about the individuals’ rights and freedoms, are taken into account, following the GDPR.
Data Protection Officer (DPO)
For any issue regarding the processing of personal data or the exercise of your rights, according to the GDPR, contact our Data Protection Officer by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Data Protection Officer at the Polytechnic of Leiria is, amongst other tasks, responsible for:
- Informing and advising the Polytechnic of Leiria or the processor, as well as the employee who process data, about their duties under the GDPR or the European Union (EU)/national legislation;
- Monitoring compliance of the processing of data according to the data protection provisions set by the EU or its member states and in accordance with the policies established by the controller or the processor, concerning the protection of personal data;
- Advising, where requested, on the data protection impact assessment to ensure it is executed in line with Article No. 35 of the GDPR;
- Cooperating with the supervisory authority, which is an entity that acts as the contact point if there are any issues regarding the processing of data.
Collection of Personal Data
The Polytechnic of Leiria is committed to the privacy protection of the users of its services, by carefully developing/using technology that offers the best security and privacy guarantees. Most of the time, users are given the possibility to use the Polytechnic of Leiria’s websites without having to provide personal data. However, sometimes some essential information for the provision and access to services is collected and stored.
Processing of Personal Data
Whenever personal data is collected by the Polytechnic of Leiria, based on the individual’s consent, the person should be informed about the specific, precise, explicit and legitimate purposes of the collection.
Where the processing of your personal data is necessary for a purpose other than that for which it was initially collected, the Polytechnic of Leiria shall always request your explicit consent for that further processing, except when the processing of data is lawful without consent, under the legislation in force.
The Lawfulness of Processing of Personal Data
According to the legislation in force about the protection of personal data, the Polytechnic of
Leiria may still legally process personal data in certain situations, such as when:
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract in which the individual is part of or to take steps at the request of the individual before entering into a contract;
- processing is necessary for compliance with legal obligations of the Polytechnic of Leiria;
- processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of the data subject or another individual;
- processing is necessary for the legitimate interests pursued by the Polytechnic of Leiria or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or
- fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, particularly when the data subject is a child;
- processing is necessary for carrying out the obligations and exercising specific rights of the Polytechnic of Leiria or the data subject in the field of employment, social security and social protection law, under the terms foreseen in the GDPR;
- processing is necessary for archiving public interest, scientific or historical research purposes, or statistical purposes, under the terms foreseen in the GDPR.
The information collected will be used by the Polytechnic of Leiria for the purposes determined at the time of collection or to comply with legal obligations. The information collected shall be confidentially processed and may be accessed by a restricted group of employees of the Polytechnic of Leiria, to carry out their professional duties, within the defined terms and only to undertake their work duties.
Personal Information Protection
The Polytechnic of Leiria shall implement technical and organisational measures that are appropriate and necessary to protect the information stored in the system against access, use, alteration or destruction of personal data. The personal data shall be kept for the minimum period required for the specific processing purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed, in compliance with the legislation in force.
Rights of the Data Subjects
Individuals have the right to request access to their personal data at any time, as well as to rectification or erasure, to restrict processing, to withdraw their consent and to exercise any right foreseen in the law, within the limits of the legislation in force. If the individual withdraws their consent, this shall not affect the lawfulness of the processing of data that was carried out based on the consent given before its withdrawal. Furthermore, individuals have the right to be notified in case there is a personal data breach, according to the GDPR.
Alterations to this Policy
Technical/anonymous information collected
This website collects anonymous information about its visitors which is made available by its browsers and web servers, such as type of browser, language preference, source website, pages visited, visit(s) duration, date and time of each request, search terms, among others.
No information is intentionally collected, which may be used to identify website visitors. We collect information to understand how our users use the website to improve the quality and usefulness of the services we provide.
Our system respects the DoNotTrack (non-monitoring) option which is set in the visitors’ browsers. If you do not want to provide anonymous information to our web analytics tool about the way you use the website, check the options available in the next paragraph:
You may choose to prevent this website from collecting and analysing what you do here.
Opting out will protect your privacy, but it will also prevent us from learning from your actions and creating a better website experience for you and other users.
☒ You are not opted out. Uncheck this box to opt out.
Notwithstanding the anonymous information collected and treated on our web analytics platform, technical information may be collected about your visit(s) by the technological infrastructure that supports the system. The Polytechnic of Leiria does not share this information with third parties, without prejudice of the legal requirements imposed by the legislation in force (ie this information may be shared with competent public authorities, in compliance with the Portuguese and European legislation).
When you use this website, cookies (small files with information) are stored on your device enabling us to, for example, understand whether or not you want to provide anonymous information to our web analytics platform or whether or not it is authenticated on the website, among others.
Cookies may be blocked and/or disabled by using the browser settings or add-ons.
Check out your browser settings for more information.