SHORT ADVANCED PROGRAMME
Preventing the Social Exclusion of Young People – 2nd edition
28 January 2023
Preventing the Social Exclusion of Young People is a RUN-EU Short Advanced Programme (SAP) jointly coordinated by the NHL Stenden University of Applied Sciences (NHL Stenden), the Häme University of Applied Sciences (HAMK), and the Vorarlberg University of Applied Sciences (FHV).
The social exclusion doesn’t just affect people who are materially deprived as approximately 1 out of every 3 people in Europe face this reality on a daily basis.
Creating an inclusive community was a primary goal in the process of European integration from its start and the latest economic crisis placed new weight on this objective.
The goal of this SAP is to understand and apply inclusive methods to enhance the well-being of young people and help prevent social exclusion.
From 7 March to 24 April 2023
From 20 to 24 March at the NHL Stenden University of Applied Sciences (Leeuwarden, The Netherlands)
Mode of delivery
Language of instruction
To be defined by each Home Institution.
In general, most students will have the SAP certified in their Diploma Supplement, as a minimal condition.
RUN-EU students from any study cycle.
At the end of this Short Advanced Programme, students will be able to:
- identify and demonstrate knowledge of the major concepts, theoretical perspectives, and historical trends
- apply critical thinking to provide practical solutions to problem-based scenarios or social issues commonly encountered in the field
- understand and apply inclusive methods to enhance the well-being of young people and help prevent social exclusion
- understand the importance of climate justice for youth work and reflect on personal behaviour towards sustainability
- practice transdisciplinary approaches to social inclusive methods
- work in multidisciplinary and multicultural teams
- communicate solutions for societal real problems and challenges that demand innovation and various skills.
How to apply
Fill in the application form
Deadline for applications
8 February 2023
Students will be selected based on information provided in the submitted application concerning motivation.
A minimum of 7 places are reserved for each of the 3 host institutions. After that, the remaining 9 places will be distributed to all applicants.