SHORT ADVANCED PROGRAMME
Aspects of Interregional Development – Sustainable Growth and Competitiveness Challenge
25 September 2023
In the 2023 Student Week, hosted by the Polytechnic University of Leiria (IPLeiria), there will be four Short Advanced Programme Challenges on ‘Aspects of Interregional Development’.
This challenge is framed by the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) of the UN and addresses key issues related to the sustainable growth and development of regions, as it holds the utmost importance for fostering economic prosperity, enhancing social welfare, and bolstering the overall competitiveness of the European Union (EU).
Several EU policies have played a pivotal role in substantially diminishing the disparities in development levels among various regions, tapping into their growth potential, to succeed and be attractive in the twin green and digital transitions in an interconnected world.
This SAP provides an opportunity to understand and discuss key concepts, frameworks, and best practices employed by regions in an international and interdisciplinary environment to promote a more circular economy and the challenges they’ve overcome to achieve successful and sustainable growth and competitiveness.
It is the perfect opportunity to formulate solutions and become catalysts for sustainable growth and competitiveness, facilitating interregional development and competitiveness.
The Student Week will allow all RUN-EU students to participate in another three SAP Challenges on ‘Aspects of Interregional Development’ as well:
From 13 to 17 November 2023
Polytechnic University of Leiria, Portugal
Mode of delivery
Language of instruction
To be defined by each Home Institution.
In general terms, most students will have this RUN-EU SAP certified in the Diploma Supplement, as a minimal condition.
Open to all RUN EU students.
Prior to the members of Student Councils in each RUN-EU member university.
At the end of this Short Advanced Programme, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principles and drivers of sustainable growth, including its importance in regional development and competitiveness.
- Get a clear view of factors that contribute to regional competitiveness, identifying strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats within different regions.
- Acknowledge the importance of the sustainable growth and development of regions, while understanding the importance of fostering economic prosperity, enhancing social welfare, and bolstering the overall competitiveness of the European Union.
- Design collaborative strategies and endeavour partnerships that promote interregional development and competitiveness within a more circular economy.
- Communicate information, ideas, problems, and solutions to both specialist and non-specialist audiences.
- Define and claim your sustainable development citizenship, personally and professionally within the framework of the UN SDGs.
How to apply
Fill in the application form
NEW Deadline for applications
3 October 2023
Students will be selected based on the fulfilment of requirements and information provided in the submitted application.
The total number of students to be selected is 30.