SHORT ADVANCED PROGRAMME
Aspects of Interregional Development – Cultural Challenge
25 September 2023
In the 2023 Student Week, hosted by the Polytechnic University of Leiria (IPLeiria), there will be four Short Advanced Programme Challenges on ‘Aspects of Interregional Development’.
In a culturally friendly society, active participation is encouraged. It emphasises active involvement in achieving effective cultural democracy and cultural citizenship, but also in the everyday cultural production, the appreciation of cultural experiences, and deep respect for the diversity of values, models, practices, and views.
To achieve a comprehensive understanding of a society’s cultural needs and recognise the significance of cultural rights and the need for renewed cultural policies, it is essential to foster synergy between culture and education, as well as artistic and cultural production.
With this learning experience, students will have the opportunity to be part of an interdisciplinary international group that will propose solutions to transform our society into one where culture and the arts occupy a central role in sustainable development, as in an inclusive interregional ecosystem.
Participation in this SAP is a chance to have leaders who fully grasp the importance of strengthening cultural rights as a foundation for complete citizenship and to collectively rise to the challenge of creating a culturally friendly society that truly values and integrates culture and the arts as a common good.
The Student Week will allow all RUN-EU students to participate in another three SAP Challenges on ‘Aspects of Interregional Development’ as well:
- Cooperation and Inclusiveness Challenge
- Digital Challenge
- Sustainable Growth and Competitiveness Challenge
From 13 to 17 November 2023
Polytechnic University of Leiria, Portugal
Mode of delivery
Language of instruction
To be defined by each Home Institution.
In general terms, most students will have this RUN-EU SAP certified in the Diploma Supplement, as a minimal condition.
Open to all RUN EU students.
Prior to the members of Student Councils in each RUN-EU member university.
At the end of this Short Advanced Programme, students will be able to:
- Analyse themselves and their actions within a culturally friendly future society.
- Validate the necessity of fostering cultural citizenship among people.
- Acquire transdisciplinary skills to promote cultural participation, strengthening cultural rights for full citizenship.
- Design a society where culture and the arts are at the centre of integral and sustainable. development, as in an interregional ecosystem in which culture is seen as a public good.
- Clearly communicate information, ideas, problems, and solutions to both specialist and non-specialist audiences.
- Define and claim your cultural citizenship, personally and professionally.
How to apply
Fill in the application form
NEW Deadline for applications
3 October 2023
Students will be selected based on the fulfilment of requirements and information provided in the submitted application.
The total number of students to be selected is 30.