SHORT ADVANCED PROGRAMME
SAP Challenge for Staff
30 March 2023
RUN-EU is an alliance of higher education institutions drawn from all regions of Europe.
The EU and RUN-EU both aim to foster common understanding, further development, and trust among its members., which brings certain challenges.
The Short Advanced Programme (SAP) Challenge for Staff RUN-EU Path will help prepare staff for those challenges by addressing questions such as:
- What is this world of RUN-EU?
- What does it mean to promote a European University that embodies the values of sustainability, multiculturalism, and inclusiveness in all its work? How can I navigate my way through it?
- How can I operate and work effectively in such a multicultural and multilingual context among the alliance regions?
The aim of this SAP is to develop staff awareness among RUN-EU that contributes to its mission, aims, and goals.
Supported by mobility, innovative pedagogies and blended learning activities, the programme also aims to contribute to societal needs, lifelong learning, and training in a work environment.
This SAP Challenge is jointly organised by the Polytechnic of Cávado and Ave (IPCA), the University of Győr – Széchenyi Istvan University (SZE), the Polytechnic of Leiria, and the NHL Stenden University of Applied Sciences (NHL Stenden).
From 15 to 19 May 2023
From 15 to 18 May at the Polytechnic Institute of Cávado and Ave (Barcelos, Portugal)
Mode of delivery
Language of instruction
To be defined by each Home Institution.
All RUN-EU staff
At the end of this Short Advanced Programme, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of what cultures are, how they work, and develop an awareness of their own cultural identity;
- Collaborate with others to achieve a common goal;
- Interact with people from different cultures, comparing diverse linguistic/cultural features;
- Discuss cultural diversity to begin to recognise cultural proximity or distance;
- Think actively on pedagogical innovation.
How to apply
Fill in the application form
Deadline for applications
10 April 2023
Background, motivation, representation of subject areas/fields, balanced participation of RUN-EU member institutions.
A maximum of 3 staff will be selected for this programme.
The selection team will also take steps towards ensuring a diverse and representative group of participants.