Online Workshop on Introduction to Open Science – 2nd Edition
19 October 2023
RUN-EU PLUS is organising an Online Workshop on Introduction to Open Science on 8 November 2023.
Open Science is the practice of science in such a way that others can collaborate and contribute. Where research data, lab notes and other research processes are freely available, under terms that enable the reuse, redistribution and reproduction of the research and its underlying data and methods.
The movement is becoming more relevant due to the demand for transparency in the code of conduct and the demands of funders.
Workshop on Introduction to Open Science
8 November 2023 • 13h00-14h30 CET
The workshop on Introduction to Open Science will focus on:
- Definition of Open Science
- The importance of Open Science in each research phase
- Open Science in the European Union
- Open Science in the RUN-EU universities
- What is Open Science?
- What is the history of Open Science (in short)?
- What is the importance of Open Science?
- In which phase of research is which aspect important?
- What are CC licenses?
- What are the eight ambitions of Open Science within the EU?
- Where can I find support in my institution?
- Finding open access publications and FAIR data
- What are the other workshops open science about?
- Discussion: Where to start with open science practices?
It is open to all RUN-EU researchers and students and will be delivered via MS Teams.
No previous knowledge is required.