SHORT ADVANCED PROGRAMME
Numerical Methods in Python Programming
30 March 2023
Jointly coordinated by the Polytechnic of Leiria and the Technological University of the Shannon (TUS), the RUN-EU Short Advanced Programme (SAP) Numerical Methods in Python Programming will introduce numerical methods to undergraduate students with some basic Python programming language skills and some mathematicsskills in differentiation and integration.
The students will acquire general skills in elementary numerical analysis, and knowledge and techniques associated with problems and engineering sciences applications.
Students should have some prior knowledge of working with a computer, editing files, and downloading and installing software.
It is assumed that if the students use their computers in class, they will already have installed the Anaconda framework on their computers.
From 29 May to 21 July 2023
From 17 to 21 July at the Technological University of the Shannon (Limerick, Ireland)
Mode of delivery
Language of instruction
To be defined by each home higher education institution.
Generally, most students will have this SAP certified in their diploma supplement, as a minimal condition
All RUN-EU undergraduate students.
At the end of this Short Advanced Programme, students will be able to:
- Develop abstract thinking skills and acquire fundamental concepts associated with programming language.
- Know and understand the concepts of elementary numerical analysis and describe their properties.
- Apply the concepts of elementary numerical analysis in modelling and problem-solving.
- Use basic numerical methods and understand their properties.
- Use and implement specific software in numerical problem-solving.
- Use critical thinking in the analysis of the results obtained.
- Interpret and critically analyse text, which involves knowledge of numerical analysis.
- Achieve greater accuracy and clarity in thought and language.
How to apply
Fill in the application form
Deadline for applications
28 April 2023
Students will be selected based on the fulfilment of requirements, CV and information provided in a video and/or in a motivation letter.
A maximum of 5 places will be reserved for each of the two host institutions (IPL/ESTG and TUS) and a maximum of 3 places will be reserved for each of the five RUN-EU members.
The total number of students to be selected is 25.
Selection will always be based on requirements and submitted applications concerning motivation.
The selection team will also take steps toward ensuring diversity and representativity.