SHORT ADVANCED PROGRAMME
Six-Sigma – Manufacturing Processes Improvement
12 February 2023
Six-Sigma – Manufacturing Processes Improvement is a RUN-EU Short Advanced Programme (SAP) jointly coordinated by the Polytechnic of Cávado and Ave (IPCA), and the Technological University of the Shannon (TUS).
Six-sigma is a method to improve the performance and capability of business processes to consistently provide compliant product parts.
The goal of this SAP is to learn the fundamentals of Six-Sigma and DMAIC methodology, and the introduction to statistical concepts within the Analyse, Improve and Control sections of the Six Sigma DMAIC problem-solving methodology.
After completing the SAP, the participants will have the fundamental knowledge and statistical techniques to be part of the Lean and Six-Sigma project.
From 27 March to 6 April 2023
From 3 to 6 April at the Polytechnic of Cávado and Ave (Barcelos, Portugal)
Mode of delivery
Language of instruction
To be defined by each Home Institution.
In general, most students will have the SAP certified in their Diploma Supplement, as a minimal condition.
Students from the relevant areas of the manufacturing industry:
• Industrial Engineering and Management
• Mechanical Engineering
• Technical Drawing and Machining
• Metrology, Instrumentation, and Industrial Quality
• Industrial production management
At the end of this Short Advanced Programme, students will be able to:
- Learn the fundamentals of Lean and Six-Sigma to define and lead a process improvement project.
- Acquire statistical skills to measure, analyse, improve and control Six-Sigma projects.
- Gain knowledge of methods to implement changes in production processes ensuring that those changes have had the desired effect and are sustainable.
How to apply
Fill in the application form
Deadline for applications
28 February 2023
Manufacturing related studies
Total number of students to be selected
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions.