Online Workshop on ORCID iDs & Persistent Identifiers in Research
6 February 2023
RUN-EU PLUS is organising a workshop on ORCID iDs & Persistent Identifiers in Research in February 2023.
ORCID, which stands for Open Researcher and Contributor ID, is a free, unique, persistent identifier (PID) for individuals to use as they engage in research, scholarship, and innovation activities.
ORCIDs vision is ‘connect all who participate in research, scholarship, and innovation are uniquely identified and connected to their contributions across disciplines, borders, and time.’
This workshop will detail the benefits of using ORCID and how ORCID use is encouraged by institutions, funders, and publishers.
A demonstration on how to create, populate and link your very own ORCID profile to other profiles will be provided, along with scheduled time during the workshop to allow you to get started, or build on, your existing ORCID profile.
Details of how ORCID will be used to harvest data for the RUN-EU Portal searchable member researcher profile interface will be highlighted.
An overview of the various persistent identifiers and their use throughout the research lifecycle will be provided along with the benefits of consistent usage and the potential to map research activity.
Workshop on ORCID iDs & Persistent Identifiers in Research
22 February 2023 • 12h30-14h00 CET
The workshop on Introduction to Open Access will focus on:
- What is ORCID?
- What are the benefits of using an ORCID iD?
- How do I create an ORCID iD?
- What information should I include in an ORCID profile?
- How do I link my ORCID iD to other research profiles I use e.g., Scopus, Web of Science?
- How to link ORCID to awarded grants
- How to link ORCID to peer review activity
- How will the RUN-EU portal use ORCID?
- What is the purpose of persistent identifiers in Research?
- How are persistent identifiers used?
It is open to all RUN-EU researchers, students, and staff members, and will take place via MS Teams.