RUN-EU will participate in the Forum of Universities for the Future of Europe
21 January 2022
Higher education is a top priority for the French Presidency of the Council of the EU as the European Universities Initiative was launched following the speech on Europe delivered by the French President, Emmanuel Macron, in 2017.
This event follows up an informal meeting of European ministers for higher education, research, and innovation, where the European strategy for universities and the synergies between research and higher education policy were largely discussed.
Registration is done in two steps: first, you need to provide your email address, and then, on the day of the event, you will be asked to validate your profile to access the viewing links.
For more information about the programme and how to register for the event, visit the Forum of Universities for the Future of Europe’s website.
Tuesday, 25 January
Wednesday, 26 January
Session 1: Power and Universities of Europe
- Roundtable 1: A common European framework: putting the values and principles of higher education into action
- Roundtable 2: Joining forces to transform: an asset for international competitiveness
- Roundtable 3: A global approach: emerging world-class European university sites, attracting talent, developing capacities
Session 2: Recovery and Universities of Europe
- Roundtable 1: Transforming knowledge into skills and innovation: mobilizing universities at the service of society
- Roundtable 2: Strengthening the training- employment link: teaming up to increase the competitiveness of European higher education
- Roundtable 3: Green and digital transitions: what tools, methods and places for tomorrow’s education?
Session 3: Sense of Belonging and Universities of Europe
- Roundtable 1: Learning in and about Europe: students as actors of European citizenship
- Roundtable 2: Success and inclusion: developing the potential of all students at university
- Roundtable 3: The university as a trusted third place: science at the risk of disinformation
Session 4: Final wrap-up of roundtables and workshops, by students from European University Alliances